Volunteer OverviewThank you for your interest in volunteering!
As a private, non-profit organization, the Stewart Community Home always welcomes dedicated involvement of volunteers to succeed in its mission. The goal of the Volunteer Program is to support the mission of the Stewart Community Home and to offer opportunities for the community to meaningfully connect with us and its residents.
With a limited number of staff members on duty at any one given time, volunteers play an important role in delivering services to our residents. The presence of volunteers not only helps to expand the services and activities we can offer, but also brings fresh energy and enthusiasm to the staff and residents. Beyond supporting the services and activities we offer, volunteers act as liaisons between the Stewart Community Home and the public at large.
Please note: All volunteers must be at least 12 years old, and any volunteer younger than 18 must be accompanied by a supervising adult at all times while at the Home.
How do I become a volunteer?
1. Familiarize yourself with our volunteer guidelines and volunteer opportunities.
2. Complete the Volunteer Application Form.
3. Set up a tour and informational interview with the Volunteer Coordinator.
4. Attend a volunteer orientation and complete skill trainings (if required).
5. Sign-up for open opportunities.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- Change and enrich the lives of people in your community
- Be part of a compassionate culture and dedicated team
- Learn more about the hardships facing many people in our community
- Experience the health and human services field
- Put your talents and experience to work for a good cause
- Help keep operating costs down so we can help more people
- Feel a sense of accomplishment and personal satisfaction
Still have questions? For more details about our Volunteer Opportunities, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Justino Lopez at (706) 327-2707 or email@example.com.